National Code: RIIVEH305E – Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
Course Currency Status: Current
Duration: 1 day plus pre-reading & pre-course questionnaire
Mode of Delivery: Blended learning (Pre-learning & face to face)
Getabout Training Services is currently in transition with RIIVEH305E – Operate and maintain a 4WD vehicle
Enrolment with Getabout Training Services (RTO 90547). Delivery by Driver & Operator Training.
RIIVEH305E Operate and maintain a 4WD vehicle has been superseded and is equivalent to RIIVEH305F Operate and maintain a 4WD vehicle. Getabout Training Services is in the process of developing the new course to meet the mandatory course content and assessment. We are projecting that the RIIVEH305F will be ready for quality delivery in the beginning of July 2021 if not before. Enrolments may be taken into RIIVEH305E up to and including 22 September 2021, no enrolments will be taken after this date. For more information please contact our office.
Outcomes for Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle course include:
- performing pre operational vehicle checks
- applying safe vehicle loading practices
- changing a wheel on a 4WD vehicle sited on uneven ground
- stall/key start recovery downhill forward and reverse
- implementing minimal environmental impact practices
- operating a 4WD vehicle competently in off-highway conditions, including:
- up and down steep inclines
- correct range, gears and techniques
- through muddy terrain and ditches
- across side slope involving irregular terrain
- irregular sandy terrain
- through water and along dry and wet dirt roads.
- using a single snatch strap to recover a vehicle
- operating a 4WD vehicle giving due regard to Workplace Health and Safety issues
- knowledge and skills required to use a 4WD vehicle with due regard to environmental issues
Full course information can be found here .