National Code: FWPCOT3260 – Recover four wheel drive vehicles
Course Currency Status: Current
Duration: 1 day plus pre-reading & pre-course questionnaire
Mode of Delivery: Blended learning (Pre-learning & face to face)
Outcomes for Recover four wheel drive vehicles course include:
- surveying site to identify hazards, assess risks and select suitable strategy
- selecting personal protective equipment appropriate to type of recovery operation
- determining potential environmental impact of recovery
- applying safe recovery method
- establishing and maintain communications with appropriate personnel during recovery operations.
- determining recovery method based on the terrain conditions and circumstances
- considering operating variables, define danger zone and apply strategies to reduce risk and environmental impact during recovery.
- determining the recovery equipment required and its availability
- setting up an exclusion zone.
- repairing environmental damage where possible
- identifying hazards and position recovery equipment safely
- using safe operating procedures while using recovery equipment
- using rated recovery equipment within limitations and capabilities
- carrying out maintenance on recovery equipment
Full course information can be found here .